Posted by: Nancy
December 30, 2013
Wow! It’s almost time to ring in the New Year. I don’t know about you, but 2013 seemed to fly by for me. This year Tempe has some great options for bidding adieu to 2013.
One really fun and kind of different option is to celebrate by seeing MAMMA MIA! at ASU Gammage. This show is just plain fun from beginning to end and a joyous way to celebrate on New Year’s Eve. It has a great story line with loads of awesome Abba songs that bring out the dancing queen in all of us. MAMMA MIA! is truly one of those shows that you can see over and over again and never be bored. And when it’s done, you’ll still have time to catch the big Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party on Mill Avenue.
If you have other New Year’s Eve plans, not to worry. You can see MAMMA MIA! through January 5. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://asugammage.com/.
Here are some more suggestions for things to do on New Year’s Eve and the first week of 2014. View a complete listing of Tempe events, or call 480-894-8158.
- December 30-31: Las Noches de las Luminarias, Desert Botanical Garden
- December 31: Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party, Mill Avenue District, Downtown Tempe
- December 31-January 5: MAMMA MIA!, ASU Gammage
- December 31: Bobby Lee, Tempe Improv
- December 31: Coobee Coo, Thirsty Lion
- December 31: Authority Zero, Marquee Theatre
- January 3: Finally Friday – Cottonwood Stone; Class Clowns Comedy, Tempe Center for the Arts
- January 3: Jeordie & The Mixology Project; January 4: The Hourglass Cats, Tempe Marketplace District Stage
- January 3: Sherry Finzer; January 4: Ariana Loraine, Tempe Marketplace Barnes & Noble Fountain
- January 3: Sea Merchants; January 4: The Sullivans, Rula Bula Irish Pub
- January 3-5: Deon Cole, Tempe Improv
- January 4: “Picture Rachmaninoff,” Tempe Center for the Arts