Tempe events this week–Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
Posted on: October 28, 2013
Childsplay Presents The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane at the Tempe Center for the Arts
Childsplay, Tempe’s award-winning professional theatre for children and families, presents the world premiere of The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane at the Tempe Center for the Arts. The play is about Edward Tulane, a vain, self-centered china rabbit who is adored by his owner Abilene, but doesn’t return her love. Edward enjoys a very happy life until one day, while vacationing on the RMS Queen Mary, he falls overboard and floats to the ocean floor where he lives for months. When a storm brings him to the surface, Edward is found by a fisherman and begins a fantastic journey with many owners who have a profound effect on his life. Ultimately the play is about finding friendship, finding yourself, and eventually finding your way home.
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane takes place on weekends at the Tempe Center for the Arts through November 10. It is recommended for children ages seven and older. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=2302.
It’s another great week for arts and cultural events in Tempe. Check out this list and view a complete listing of Tempe events, or call 480-894-8158.
- October 28: Anthony Robles: Unstoppable: From Underdog to Undefeated: How I Became a Champion, Changing Hands Bookstore
- October 28: Songs of Stephen Sondheim, Organ Hall, ASU Music Building
- October 29: Open Jam, Rula Bula Irish Pub
- October 29: Dmitri Mathenyn and Stan Sorenson, Mad Hatter Brew Pub
- October 29: Inked Magazine Presents Suicidegirls – Blackheart Burlesque; October 31: Destroid, Marquee Theatre
- October 30: Walk-in Wednesdays Open Mic Night, Tempe Center for the Arts
- October 30: Arizona Wind Symphony: Red, White and Blues, Tempe Center for the Arts
- October 31: Arizona Pro Arte Presents Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror, Tempe Center for the Arts
- October 31: Sea Merchants, Rula Bula Irish Pub
- November 1: Finally Friday: AJ Odneal, Tempe Center for the Arts
- November 1: Tempe Comedy Concert Series: Hypnotist Pattie Freeman, Tempe Center for the Arts
- November 1: The Music of Benjamin Britten, ASU Katzin Concert Hall
- November 1: Music in the Garden: Jaleo, Desert Botanical Garden
- November 1: Brian Weaver; November 2: Traveler Featuring Scott Jeffers, Tempe Marketplace District Stage
- November 1: Pete Pancrazi; November 2: Scott & John of Hello Swindon, Tempe Marketplace Barnes & Noble Fountain
- November 1: Hounds of Hell Tour Ft Wolfgang Gartner & Tommy; November 2: Soulfly, Marquee Theatre
- November 1-3: Monique Marvez, Tempe Improv
- November 2-10: Childsplay: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, Tempe Center for the Arts
- November 2: Omar Sosa and the Afri-Lectric Experience, Tempe Center for the Arts
- November 2: 2013 Earth and Space Exploration Day, ASU Interdisciplinary Science & Technology Bldg
- November 2-3: Dia de los Muertos Celebration, Desert Botanical Garden
- November 3: Sonoran Chamber Music Series: Piano Trios, Tempe Center for the Arts
Free Visitor's Guide
Plan your next vacation with the Tempe Visitor's Guide.