Posted by: Nancy
July 1, 2013
Tempe sure knows how to celebrate the 4th of July with a big bang. Anyone who has been to past events or just happens to be traveling on the 202 through Tempe knows what a show-stopper the Tempe fireworks extravaganza is. The Kiwanis Club of Tempe has been putting on this pyrotechnic spectacular for more than 60 years.
Gates open at 5 p.m. for all the fun pre-fireworks activities. Local bands will perform and the Fantastic Family Fest will feature a free inflatable village (try saying that five times fast), rides and a rock climbing wall. And you can always cool off at the AZCentral.com Splash Playground.
Food is always a key component of any July 4th celebration and there will be plenty of favorites available for purchase like burgers, hot dogs, BBQ, roasted corn, fry bread, Mexican food, snow cones and ice cream.
The Sally’s BBQ and Pepsi VIP Garden will offer a special view of the fireworks from a misted area, barbecue dinner and two drinks. VIP tickets are $60 for adults and and $30 for children 5-12 years old. Children under five are free.
All of this activity sets the mood for the final event, the rousing, awe-inspiring fireworks extravaganza set to patriotic and classical music beginning at 9:15 p.m.
Tickets may be purchased for $5.00 through July 4th at City of Tempe outlets and Fry’s stores throughout the Valley .e gate on the day of the show. Tickets will be $8.00 at the gate or $15.00 for two. Children 12 and under are free.For event details, ticket prices and ticket outlets, visit www.tempe4th.com.
See the lineup below for more suggestions for cool entertainment this week or view a complete listing of Tempe events, or call 480-894-8158 for more information.
- July 2: Open Jam, Rula Bula Irish Pub
- July 4th: July 4th Tempe Town Lake Festival, Tempe Beach Park
- July 5: Finally Friday, Tempe Center for the Arts
- July 5: Tempe Comedy Concert Series: Jason Love, Tempe Center for the Arts
- July 5: Not the Enemy; July 6: Nine Ball, Rula Bula Irish Pub
- July 5: Zimis; July 6: The Persuaders, Tempe Marketplace District Stage
- July 5: Michael Ferraro; July 6: Ariana Loraine, Tempe Marketplace Barnes & Noble Fountain
- July 5-7: Felipe Esparza, Tempe Improv
- July 6: Walk-in Family Art Workshop: Christy Brown and Cory Rogers Jellyfish Wind Catchers, Tempe Center for the Arts
- July 6: Summerland Tour 2013: Everclear, Live, Filter & Sponge, Marquee Theater
- July 7: Jake Grader, Rula Bula Irish Pub