Tempe this Week – “Recipe for Disaster” at the TCA
Childsplay's "Recipe for Disaster"
Childsplay has sure been busy. Last week they brought us the incredible Terrapin Puppet Theatre and their production of Boats and then they turned right around to bring us a brand new production: Recipe for Disaster.
Recipe for Disaster takes place in the kitchen where two “master” chefs’ constant arguing makes a mess of an important exam for one struggling young apprentice. Culinary chaos ensues, as egos collide and one chef struggles to top another, while the apprentice tries desperately to convince them to put down their spatulas and work together. One thing is for sure–this hilarious new play will cook up a good time for all as it mixes physical comedy and music tossed with a dash of improvisation teaching civility in a most delicious way!
Recipe for Disaster is recommended for ages 5 and older. It will be on stage at the Tempe Center for the Arts, Saturdays and Sundays, April 6-14. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.childsplayaz.org/index.php/tickets/single
We’re in for a busy week in Tempe with all kinds of arts and cultural events taking place, including the Tempe Festival of the Arts this weekend. View a complete list of Tempe events, or call the Tempe Tourism Office at 1-866-914-1052 for more information.
- April 2: Open Jam, Rula Bula Irish Pub
- April 2: Stan Sorenson, Mad Hatter Brew Pub
- April 2-8: World of Beer Goes ‘Pale’ and Artsy, World of Beer
- April 3: Marie Osmond: The Key is Love, Changing Hands Bookstore
- April 3: Walk-in Wednesdays Open Mic Night, Tempe Center for the Arts
- April 3: David Bernstein; April 4: Colin Barley, Studio Vino
- April 4: Music on Mill, Mill Avenue District,
- April 4: Tim Hawley, Rula Bula Irish Pub
- April 4: Outliars Comedy Club, Robby Fox’s Public House
- April 4: Poetry in April: Michele Poulos, Tempe Center for the Arts
- April 4: Badfish – A Tribute To Sublime; April 5: Lindsey Stirling; April 6: 12th Annual Cowtown’s PHX Am After Party, Marquee Theater
- April 5: First Friday Poetry: John D. Gosslee and R.S. Mengert, Changing Hands Bookstore
- April 5: Music in the Garden: Grupo Liberdade Brazilian/World/Batucada, Desert BotanicalGarden
- April 5: Lakeshore Jazz Series: Snarky Puppy, Tempe Center for the Arts
- April 5: Brian Demarco, Top of the Rocks
- April 5: Michael Nitro Band; April 6: Hello Swindon, Tempe Marketplace District Stage
- April 5: West Hills Brothers; April 6: Radiant Sky, Tempe Marketplace Barnes & Noble Fountain
- April 5-7: Tempe Spring Festival of the Arts, Mill Avenue District
- April 6: INFLUX Juried Artist, Christy Puetz, Tempe Center for the Arts
- April 6: Stu Siefert Combo, Robbie Fox’s Public House
- April 6: First Saturday for Families, ASU Art Museum
- April 6: Pick & Holler, Tempe History Museum
- April 6-14: Childsplay Presents Recipe for Disaster, Tempe Center for the Arts
- April 7: Sonoran Chamber Music Series: String Sextet, Tempe Center for the Arts
Free Visitor's Guide
Plan your next vacation with the Tempe Visitor's Guide.