Posted by: Amy
December 11, 2013
The K-State Wildcats and the Michigan Wolverines are coming to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl this year. And what does that mean? It means that fans upon fans will be traveling to Tempe also! Tempe is a perfect location to host a bowl game. Not only is the weather beautiful, but there are several nearby attractions, shopping and dining options to keep you busy during your bowl game trip. And did I mention how convenient it is to get to Tempe? Tempe is located in the heart of the metropolitan Phoenix area, next to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, so it’s a quick drive to downtown Tempe and Sun Devil Stadium.
Here are six tips for fans who are planning to cheer for their team in Tempe:
1. Tickets are available through each school’s ticket office, at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl website and the ticket office, 480-350-0911. The Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl is one of the best bargains in college football bowl games. Single game tickets start at just $25 – what a steal!
2. There are lots of great Tempe hotels near the action – from budget-friendly choices to luxury properties. Sun Devil Stadium is centrally located within walking distance or just a quick drive to numerous Tempe hotels. Visit www.tempetourism.com/accommodations to find a list of Tempe hotels.
3. Prior to the game, Michigan and K-State fans won’t want to miss the Buffalo Wild Wings Tablegate presented by Coke Zero. This ultimate tailgating experience will include a headlining performance from Smashmouth, jumbotrons showing team highlights, interactive games, pep rallies and cheerleaders. The $25 ticket price to the Buffalo Wild Wings Tablegate includes a plated meal. This pre-game party will be held in lot 3, adjacent to Sun Devil Stadium. Tickets can be purchased at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl website.
4. Tempe’s Mill Avenue District is also a great gathering place for fans in the days leading up to the game. There are more than 100 restaurants, taverns and shops located in the Mill Avenue District, just a couple blocks from Sun Devil Stadium. Fun times to be had by all.
5. Bowl game fans can and should extend their trip to spend New Year’s Eve in Tempe. This December 31, Tempe will be transformed into the ultimate celebration for the Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party on Mill Avenue. This NEW New Year’s Eve event will bring impressive high-energy video dance clubs to the streets, local entertainment and attractions, a family fun zone (with an early fireworks show at 9 p.m.), a variety of gourmet food trucks, beer gardens and champagne lounges, and a midnight countdown consisting of a shimmering firework display and confetti blast. The party starts at 6:00 p.m. on December 31. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased online at http://www.blockpartyonmill.com, at any Circle K store throughout Arizona (discounts available in store until Dec. 29) or at the gate the night of the event.
6. In addition to cheering for their favorite team, fans can take a break from the winter cold and enjoy the outdoors. Hiking trails are located throughout the city, including “A” Mountain, Papago Park and South Mountain Park and Preserve. Visitors also enjoy going kayaking or paddle boarding on Tempe Town Lake, exploring the beautiful landscape at Desert Botanical Garden and shopping and dining at Tempe Marketplace and Arizona Mills.
See you at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl! For more information about Tempe or the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, visit www.TempeFootball.com, or call 800-283-6734.